[HOCKEY] ATHS X

Start a topic and discuss your draft with your league managers.
Mario LeMoose

[HOCKEY] ATHS X

Post by Mario LeMoose » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Draftime Home Page:
http://www.draftime.com/

Mario LeMoose

Getting started

Post by Mario LeMoose » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Tentative draft start: Monday, September 19, 9:00 a.m. ET

If any managers need special accommodations (time zone issues, travel, etc.), let's discuss them before player selection begins.

Toral

Re: [HOCKEY] ATHS X

Post by Toral » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:58 pm

In

Dr. Doom

Post by Dr. Doom » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:12 pm

I am no longer in the IT industry, so I have long days away from the internet, much queueing will be required.

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:I am no longer in the IT industry, so I have long days away from the internet, much queueing will be required.
Doom, check out the auto-pick options in Draftime; they're ideal for someone in your situation:
http://www.draftime.com/help.php (click Queue Management)

Mario LeMoose

Draft Order

Post by Mario LeMoose » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Randomized draft order for ATHS X:

01 ... Wheatfarmers (Toral)
02 ... Talldrinksov Water (Dr. Doom)
03 ... HoserNight in Canada (Mario LeMoose)
04 ... Perm Dudes (Perm Dude)
05 ... Vincible-er (ben_979)
06 ... Indigo Warthogs (Uther44)
07 ... Tax Penalty Box (Taxman)
08 ... VT Hockey (kjkeelty)
09 ... Curby's Ice Capades (Curby)
10 ... ira (ira7)
11 ... S-S-Superfreak (C.SuperFreak)
12 ... philflyboy (philflyboy)

Roster Positions
C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), G (2), BN (4); IR (2)
[16-round draft]

Stat Categories
Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG
Goaltenders: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Proposed Start Time
Monday, September 19, 2011 • 09:00 a.m. Eastern

The draft room will be opened early for the sole purpose of allowing managers an opportunity to examine the player database, set queues, and make designated picker arrangements.

Mario LeMoose

Draft Room Is Open

Post by Mario LeMoose » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 am

The draft room is now open ... queue away!

As you examine the player database, a brief reminder regarding "placeholders": If a player is available in the Yahoo! database but is not on the Draftime player list, the manager who wishes to draft him should designate a "placeholder" (typically, someone who is on IR or NA status) and post, in the draft discussion forum, the name and team of the player he/she actually wants to draft.

Also be mindful of players with identical or similar names, making sure that you select the correct team; for example:

Backstrom, Nicklas, WAS (C)
Backstrom, Niklas, MIN (G)

Picard, Alexandre, TAM (LW)
Picard, Alexandre, PIT (D)

:twisted:

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:I am no longer in the IT industry, so I have long days away from the internet, much queueing will be required.
Queue Filled but Unavailable for the first round.
:cry:

Dr. Doom

Post by Dr. Doom » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Clearly I did not have all the settings right. Is there no provision for the commissioner to make the pick in the event that I was a moron.

Sorry, I was out the door at 3:45AM to go to work and must have been a bit foggy.

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:Clearly I did not have all the settings right. Is there no provision for the commissioner to make the pick in the event that I was a moron.

Sorry, I was out the door at 3:45AM to go to work and must have been a bit foggy.
No worries here, Doom. :wink:

Mario LeMoose

Daniel and Henrik

Post by Mario LeMoose » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:35 pm

I see that the Sedin Sisters are (is?) back ... :lol:

http://twitter.com/#!/TheSedinSisters

ira7

Post by ira7 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:09 am

Can't believe Malkin was available at #10. Also I'm pretty sure I've had Fleury every single year in this league...

Mario LeMoose

Shameless plug: ESPN Hockey Challenge

Post by Mario LeMoose » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:45 pm

ESPN is introducing a FREE regular-season salary cap game for hockey fans:
http://games.espn.go.com/hockey-challenge/en/frontpage

Hockey Challenge features weekly roster changes, with a Monday noon (ET) lock time. Those interested in participating in a group are welcome to join BBC Regs on a Raft; this is a public group, no password required.

Eligibility is limited to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, other United States territories, and foreign territories); additional restrictions apply. Please see the Official Rules and How to Play pages at the game site for more information.

Taxman

Post by Taxman » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:33 pm

9/29/11...we seem to be stuck again. Wow 4 hours, after picking just 6 hours ago the previous round. I don't understand. I will turn my queue on auto and go to bed. Maybe we can get to Curby before he gets home tonight.
Better to be LUCKY than good

Mario LeMoose

Post by Mario LeMoose » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Taxman wrote:9/29/11...we seem to be stuck again. Wow 4 hours, after picking just 6 hours ago the previous round. I don't understand. I will turn my queue on auto and go to bed. Maybe we can get to Curby before he gets home tonight.
Occasional delays can and will happen. I believe you know that if I'm available to do so, I'll send a private e-mail notifying a manager that we're waiting for a pick. :wink:

This has to be the smoothest draft ever for ATHS Hockey; we're going to finish sixteen rounds within two weeks, and that's without having to resort to a time limit between picks.

Curby

Post by Curby » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Mario LeMoose wrote:
Taxman wrote:9/29/11...we seem to be stuck again. Wow 4 hours, after picking just 6 hours ago the previous round. I don't understand. I will turn my queue on auto and go to bed. Maybe we can get to Curby before he gets home tonight.
Occasional delays can and will happen. I believe you know that if I'm available to do so, I'll send a private e-mail notifying a manager that we're waiting for a pick. :wink:

This has to be the smoothest draft ever for ATHS Hockey; we're going to finish sixteen rounds within two weeks, and that's without having to resort to a time limit between picks.

Sorry for my delay. I had set a pick based queue, and forgot to turn the delay to none :oops:

Smoothest draft ever = not having OJ :lol:

Mario LeMoose

We're Done!

Post by Mario LeMoose » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Great job keeping the draft moving along, everyone. Results have been entered at Yahoo! and teams are now available. If you spot any discrepancy between draft results and your team's roster, please report the problem immediately (on the league page at Yahoo!) so that it can be corrected before October 3, when waiver claims for undrafted players are processed.

Regular season play begins Thursday, October 6.

:twisted: